Judy Walston, The Artist

My blog will share the stories behind my pencil portrait sketches, my surreal art, architectural paintings, art seascapes, wall murals, one of a kind unique sculptures, and my favorite, drawing and painting of hands. I will offer tips and help in constructing an oversized canvas. I work in a variety of mediums as in oil, graphite, pastel, colored pencils, ink, acrylic, clay and many other special projects. In addition to my art, I will offer help with unique faux finishes on interior walls.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Visual Language of Art

Art is a visual language that transcends into the emotional spiritual journeys of people. In the medium of art is a beauty, a renaissance and a rebirth of hope in so many forms of communication. Our legacy we leave in life combines our "comment" to the world and the way we communicate and leave something beautiful is in part, the way we create, draw, sculpt, and more. Life is a battle, and my work is evidence of it's struggles. As in a person's handwriting or thumbprint, we are all unique individuals and art becomes a literal and visual expression of that individuality. My art reveals my true life experiences. I have learned to express myself through many mediums of art.

We all have different experiences, but in reality the "story" remains the same: the tug-of-war between right and wrong, good and evil, peace and turmoil. Using art as a medium, I reveal my hidden joys and sorrow, opening the door to my soul. The spirituality of each piece reflects upon my life, as well as the lives of others, sharing what I feel, letting other know, they are not alone.

My purpose in art is to invoke inspiring emotion within the human spirit. I often involve people or fragments of them in my art. By doing so, the viewer substitutes themselves into the piece, becoming an active participant instead of an outside spectator. I also incorporate different forms of nature. For example, I love to paint the sky or water. Nature's beauty always remains the same, reminding me of the One who created it all. In this is where the beauty of true legacy is birthed.

In summary, I love what I am doing. I enjoy being able to see how it affects each person that comes into contact with my work. If I can make someone pause for a moment as they look at my creations and feel emotion stir with their soul, then I have succeeded. Unlike most artists, I enjoy an interactive experience filled with communication and input. This is not a sequestered event, but an interwoven lifelong journey that is shared by those who want to birth something wonderful and create beauty. Would you care to join me in creating a legacy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home