Judy Walston, The Artist

My blog will share the stories behind my pencil portrait sketches, my surreal art, architectural paintings, art seascapes, wall murals, one of a kind unique sculptures, and my favorite, drawing and painting of hands. I will offer tips and help in constructing an oversized canvas. I work in a variety of mediums as in oil, graphite, pastel, colored pencils, ink, acrylic, clay and many other special projects. In addition to my art, I will offer help with unique faux finishes on interior walls.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Pear body sculpture


As I was working one day in clay...I had no real idea what I wanted to create. I started making a pinch pot. I am sure that everyone has made this before, even as a child. This is where you put a ball of clay in your hand and with the other hand...using your thumb, you press the clay, pushing it up and around, forming a vessel/pot. Well....I made one pot, then another and joined the together. Once joined....it is hard to manipulate it because of the air that has been trapped inside. I looked at it...and thought....hey, it looks a like a pear. I thought how a woman has a pear shape. I added legs to it and this is how I created my thought process of creating a pear lady sculpture. : ) If you like that idea....stick around....there will be more coming your way. Just post your comments to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Madden said...

Judy, I believe you are figuring out this blog thing. I like your two recent posts and it is just a matter of time...your talent will come on through!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home