Judy Walston, The Artist

My blog will share the stories behind my pencil portrait sketches, my surreal art, architectural paintings, art seascapes, wall murals, one of a kind unique sculptures, and my favorite, drawing and painting of hands. I will offer tips and help in constructing an oversized canvas. I work in a variety of mediums as in oil, graphite, pastel, colored pencils, ink, acrylic, clay and many other special projects. In addition to my art, I will offer help with unique faux finishes on interior walls.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Indian Teepee

As I was driving to work, I noticed a neatly stacked pile of tree limbs. I thought for a moment....what could I do with that? As a school teacher at that time...I loved creating, using found things.



I decided that maybe I could make a Teepee and went to work...creating the focal point to a beginning of a nature center. I gathered some of the taller, straighter limbs with a robe ...securing it tightly at tone end. I spreaded it to the size that I wanted and with smaller limbs...I secured the circumference. I layered the exterior with muslin material....painting Indian symbols on the outside. A nice fleece blanket was added for the door and a fur rug...made it extra cozy for the children.




It was a place where the children could go and read ... or play, as we called it, The quiet room. As many as 5-6 children could easily go inside....and so could I. : )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this one! Very inspiring! Makes me want to play.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home