Judy Walston, The Artist

My blog will share the stories behind my pencil portrait sketches, my surreal art, architectural paintings, art seascapes, wall murals, one of a kind unique sculptures, and my favorite, drawing and painting of hands. I will offer tips and help in constructing an oversized canvas. I work in a variety of mediums as in oil, graphite, pastel, colored pencils, ink, acrylic, clay and many other special projects. In addition to my art, I will offer help with unique faux finishes on interior walls.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Secrets of a Rose

Someone once said to me… Everything that you do seems to have a story behind it. I agreed…. the things that I create, is more then just art, but a expression to tell a story in another way. So as it is in this painting of the roses…as you look closely, you see more then just two roses in a vase.

This is a story of a man and woman in love. Of course she is the smaller rose and tends to lean toward him for support, protection and longs to be submitted to only him. Knowing this, he loves and cares for her. She has made him feel that he is the king of all other roses.

If you look closely…. you will see that as she allows him to be rule over her…. she knows that she is also in control. That is why she has her hands on her hips (the vase)…revealing her “attitude.” This is not a story of power and who controls whom, but it shows respect, love and compromise. For the greatest of all is love and the rose has always represented this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home